Annotated New Testament (JST)
Annotated New Testament (JST)
Joseph Smith Translation
The Annotated Edition of the New Testament of Jesus Christ—Joseph Smith Translation is the full JST totaling 488 pages.
This edition is like a wonderful scripture book, textbook, storybook, and workbook all in one for those who want to experience what some have called the "richest examination of the New Testament, ever". Bringing understanding to the people, places, and events that shaped the narrative. Every part of this book is designed to help readers feel and understand this ancient text based on the traditional King James Version while simultaneously enhanced and clarified by the inspired translation of a modern-day Prophet, Joseph Smith.
The annotations provide powerful witnesses and testimonies from modern-day Prophets and Christian theologians as well. Gain new insight into the mind of the Prophet Joseph as he worked from June 1830 to July 1833 on this "inspired translation" of the New Testament which provides clarity and restores lost meanings, which truly enhances, enlightens, and inspires.
As with other annotated edition books by David R. Hocking, this work has similar features, including navy blue leather, gold embossing, gilded pages, red-lettering, prophetic insights, and cross-references to other scripture.
[Case-lot quantities are 6+. When you add quantity 6 or more to your cart the "case lot" discount automatically kicks in. This applies to all of the Annotated Scripture Series products.]
- First-ever full JST, in-line, in-context, in [bracketed italics]
- Laced throughout with quotes from modern Prophets and Apostles
- Harmonious commentary from Christian theologians like C.S. Lewis, et al.
- Large format (8.75x11.25)
- Heirloom quality deluxe leatherette binding,
- Smyth-sewn signatures provide a lay-flat, easy-read experience
- Gold-embossed navy blue cover
- Page edges gilded in gold
- Full-color interior, every page contains meaningful color
- Words of the Savior in red
- Words of Old Testament prophets in blue
- Words of Satan in blue italics
- Packed with research articles, diagrams, charts, maps, timelines
- Plus so much more you have to see with your own eyes
- Nothing else like it
About the author
David R. Hocking is an accomplished guitarist and singer, a former member of BYU's Young Ambassadors. He has a diverse educational background with degrees in electronics engineering and microbiology. David spent several decades in the biotech industry and was the author of many technical papers in that field. David also developed and holds the patent to a rapid test that can detect various forms of sickle cell disease in newborns, children, and adults.
More recently, David has focused his energy on researching ways to illuminate sacred texts. He has been reformatting scripture to help readers better understand them with increased comprehension. He is the managing editor of the Annotated Edition of the Book of Mormon, which was created to help readers understand the everlasting gospel as explained in the text, together with what the modern prophets and apostles have taught about it.